With many businesses considering how best to keep teams connected when not everyone can be in the same location, here are some recommendations for staying productive and on task. Follow these GSuite practices for fostering collaboration while your team is working remotely and safely.
Get Access to the Right Tools
With G Suite, employees working remotely can have all the tools to do their best work together in one package that works seamlessly from your computer, phone or tablet. G Suite is an amazing productivity suite that comes with great apps to Create, Connect, Access and Control every aspect of your work.
Top Feature for Working Remotely
Hold video meetings and remote events with team members, Google Hangouts Meet lets you stay connected from anywhere in the world, at any time, your team can either use a computer or a mobile device. Create a video meeting to share ideas, work on projects, hold virtual events, and more.
Give presentations to remote audiences, in these times when personally meeting with co-worker or clients is not possible, use Google Hangouts Meet to present Slides, Docs, and other files in a video meeting. You can do live meetings or record video meetings so people can get access to them later.
Edit team documents in real-time, there’s no need to email files back and forth and deal with multiple attachments. Use Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides to edit simultaneously in real-time, chat within files. A faster way to work on the same document.
Store, share, and access team resources, keep all your team’s files in one folder in Google Drive or shared drives. This will give file access to the entire team. When someone makes a change, Drive shows you what files have changed.
Simplify communication, make communication easier by creating a Google Groups email list for your team. This lets you give updates and share resources, such as Drive documents, with everyone simultaneously.
Coordinate project plans and schedules, Team members working from home can directly update their progress in real-time, without having to go through everyone’s emails. With everyone accessing and updating the same project plan, it’s easier to distribute tasks and manage changing schedules.
1. Easily Stay in Touch: Create an email list that includes all your team members, this lets you quickly share information, and a chat room can be used for faster-moving discussions.
2. Sharing permissions: Configure the right permission settings so collaborators can edit and comment as needed. You can even consider creating a shared drive where your team can store, search, and access files from any device.
3. Daily meetings: Video conferencing is a great way to keep people engaged. Try to be visible on camera when appropriate, present relevant content, and ask questions to spark conversations.
4. Share goals and updates: Whether it’s through a chat group or in a shared document that everyone updates, a record of what’s being accomplished is a great way to keep everyone up to date. You can also set up an internal site to consolidate important information and resources into a central hub for your team, or to share information with your organization more broadly.
To know more about G Suite, contact us now!
Keep Following iValue Systech Blogs and stay up to date with what’s happening in the tech world.
- Buy Apple Products HERE
- Previous Blogs
- Also, check out our official Website
- Contact Us on WhatsApp 079 40051606